A digital marketing agency life can be a whirlwind – it’s ever-changing, fast-paced, and extremely demanding. Your main focus is to deliver outstanding work for every customer regardless of the size and industry in which their business operates.
In this environment, it can be easy to get caught up in the time required to build amazing campaigns for customers’ businesses and totally forget to market your own. A common mistake many digital agencies make is neglecting this fact because they think that a lack of time to market their own business means that they’re doing well.
Well, they may be doing well at that moment, but what about the long-term strategy? Focusing on the present is a must, too, but the digital marketing industry constantly adds new players that could be a potential threat to your business.
In this article, we’re going to offer content marketing tactics that you could use to ensure that you practice what you preach and become more competitive.
Why Content Marketing?
As a digital marketer, you know how important content marketing is to the success of online businesses. But what about digital marketing agencies? Do they use this strategy to promote themselves, too?
They most certainly do. According to a recent report by Constant Contact, 71 percent of digital marketing agencies used content marketing to promote themselves. The strategy outperformed SEO, email marketing, online advertising, and PPC.
As you can see, more than half of digital marketing agencies use content marketing, and for good reason. It’s an effective strategy to generate more leads, raise awareness of your brand, and increase revenues.
You can use the following content marketing tactics to achieve that.
- Build More Targeted Landing Pages
Consider the following best practices and tips when building your next landing page.
- Determine your keywords. Perform a keyword research: make a list of relevant terms to your page and agency, and create combinations of these terms (aim for long-tail ones such as an affordable digital marketing agency in Dublin, Ireland).
- Include your keywords strategically. Put your keywords in the title tag (page title, displayed at the top of the page in a browser’s tabs), meta description (the description underneath the title in search results), and header tags (headings and subheadings).
- Secure backlinks. As a digital marketer, you know that a combination of targeted outreach and great content is the recipe for that. Create quality content and post it on your site/other sites to achieve this goal.
- Make Your Content Shareable
Your shareable content checklist should contain the following points:
- Practical value. The content should be useful to be popular. “For example, “how-to” type content that addresses popular questions that your target audience has is a good way to increase the shareabilility of your articles,” says Mark Nice, a content expert at College Papers.
- Entertaining value. Create creative content that elicits excitement, delight, awe, astonishment, and other positive high arousal emotions.
- Organizing your content in a way that everything is easily scannable is an important requirement. Well, when it comes to online content, looks matter, so use bullets, subheadings, break large blocks of texts into smaller parts to make it easier to read.
- Guest Blogging
Look for an opportunity to contribute your expertise in the form of articles to another company’s blog. Just make sure that the target audience is the same or very similar to your own. High-authority, high-traffic websites such as Social Media Today is perfect for that because they have a high volume of traffic.
Just don’t forget to promote your company in an appropriate way.
- Testimonials and Case Studies
These can do wonders for marketing your digital agency because they help to build trust and make a decision to hire you. To take advantage of testimonials and case studies, ask your customers to shot a short video or write a few sentences about their experience with you.
Local Consumer Review Survey says that 85 percent of consumers trust reviews as much as personal testimonials, so this is a great opportunity to build trust among potential customers.
How does winning an award for your marketing campaign sound? It would go a long way in selling your digital agency as one of the best in the business and getting more customers.
If you think that some of your campaigns worth an award, enter them in contests such as Content Marketing Institute’s yearly content awards or become partners with reputable sites such as Hatchbuck.
- Social Media
Sharing your content – blog articles, news etc. – on social media’s page of your business is a must for digital agencies. As a digital marketer, you know that content sharing is the holy grail of content marketing, and social media is a wonderful platform for reaching thousands, and even millions of people.
- Email Marketing
This is one of the most effective marketing techniques at the moment, so if there are people who signed up for your newsletter, you should apply it. Supply them with quality content of your own production (e-Books, blog posts, news etc.) and if you have some troubles with that you can always use such tools as Hemingway Editor, A-Writer or Cliche Finder, and don’t forget to encourage them to contact you when they have needs you can meet!
With hundreds of digital marketing agencies out there and more cropping up every week, promoting your own business should be one of your main responsibilities. Follow these tactics, and you’ll increase the chances of your agency standing out from the ever-increasing pack.
Ultimately, you’ll get a stamp of approval – and a paycheck – from customers, by practicing what you preach!