Search Engine Optimization (SEO) has come a long way and it’s the best way to ensure your products and services are seen by your targeted audience. There are many reasons why many people want to improve their content marketing in 2019 – to get famous and be influencers, to increase ROI of their businesses and to create social and professional circles.
Writing for SEO has become an important strategy for today’s marketers and everyone is trying hard to find a way to get faster results. In recent years, with ever-changing Google algorithms, everything has changed.
It’s no wonder that people are now attentive on being user-focused because highly ranked content means high traffic and leads. There are many things, both old and new, which are important to SEO, so let’s look at what you need to understand and know about SEO writing today.
Nothing has really changed in how keywords have been used over the years. It has been all about deploying the right phrases that are of interest to help the users find what they are looking for.
Keyword generating tools can help you find appropriate keywords and provide suggestions according to search volume to help you generate organic traffic.
To prepare quality content for SEO, it needs to be valuable for you to stand out from the crowd. This can be achieved by using an SEO content writer who asks the right questions and knows how to succeed at SEO.
Creating great content enables you to attract users and keep them longer on your page. Here is what you can do to make your content unique:
- The keywords and phrases have to be useful to your audience when they search on Google. Google keyword planner is the ideal free tool that would help you find the terms that your audience use when they search online.
- You have to understand your audience, their needs and interests. Once you do this, you can create contextual keywords that apply to your audience. A good strategy is to get as many similar keywords as possible to help you in selecting a topic. Content without a strategy will never give you the intended results.
- Find the topics that will help the audience stay glued to your website. The articles have to be focused on solving the problems that your customers are facing.
However, you should know that your competitors are also trying to outrank you, so you can use Content Assistant to spy on them to see their level and range of focus. Once you identify the best keywords for your content, it’s important to make sure you include them in your content. Adding keywords to your content should be done naturally, as incorporating them carelessly offers no benefit. Make sure you don’t overlook long-tail keywords as well, as they are great at helping your content rank high on Google.
It’s important to have a template for you to get a natural flow when you are writing the articles. The content has to contain visuals that include images, videos and a cover photo. Such content will attract the interest of your audience who are bound to share it on social media platforms such as Facebook.
Having said this, it’s important to ensure that you maximize the speed of your site, optimize the images on your pages and provide a place for share buttons. You can have Pin Icon for images if your visuals are very important. Using Google images is a good way to get a good amount of search traffic.
You might have heard that “a picture is worth a thousand words,” and this applies when it comes to SEO. Engaging and relevant images that are incorporated in your content will get you noticed. The images can include product images and blog images. It’s worth your time to spend more time finding suitable images.
How to Write for SEO
Now that you are prepared and ready to write a great piece of content, it’s time to plan on your writing style. This is where your skills have to shine by creating smashing content.
You will have to work on using natural language and creativity to succeed with your SEO. SEO-friendly content can be challenging and takes time to create, but it’s worth it to rank better in the search engines.
Keep in mind several elements, including using correct grammar and descriptive topics, that you need to consider. Both of these elements will help you to connect with your audience regarding your products or services. Likewise, the content has to be unique and very readable. Here are some things you need to do to avoid common SEO mistakes:
- Writing for SEO should include tags that help the search engines identify the structure of your content. Title tag plays a huge role on the rest of the content because it appears as the large blue link in the search engine results.
- The content needs to be relevant, engaging and eye-catching to attract users to click on it. Make sure that the title has the content that the audience is interested in.
- The content should have images, audio and video content to help improve conversion. Videos are a good way to push your site higher in rankings, especially if they engage the audience through emotions and intimacy.
- Your site should have internal links to create value. The links help search engines to understand your content and users can stay longer on the website as they check the topics that interest them.
Most people are using mobile phones and tablets to search the internet, so make sure that your content is mobile friendly. With 52.2% of the website traffic being generated via mobile phones, it’s become even more important.
Spread the Word
The aim of writing great SEO content is to reach a wider audience and increase your links. You can only increase your visibility by launching an awareness campaign and pushing the content to people who are interested in knowing about your products or services. So it makes sense that by increasing the signals of your content, you can amplify your audience.
The amplification process includes reaching a new audience through traditional advertising, building a strong community around your products or services, collaborating with influencers to get links and putting promotional messages on your site.
Ultimately, writing content that solves the problems of the audience will ensure that your SEO process is a success. People will share content that they deem useful, and this will increase the reach. The more people read it, the more Google will likely love your content. Therefore, focus your SEO content strategy on solving your audience’s problems.