Use the Add to My Agenda buttons to compile a Personalized Agenda of the sessions you wish to attend. Then submit an email address at bottom of screen to receive your Personalized Agenda in your inbox!
Monday | March 21
Workshop I: Consumer Direct Transformation
Designing online, consumer direct lead generation strategies that work in any market.
Join our hands-on consumer-direct lead generation workshop. This two-part workshop will guide you through designing, planning, and implementing a consumer-direct strategy within your organization.
Part I: The Lead Generation Operating System — Build a plan to transform your website and marketing campaigns into your own in-house lead generation program.
Part II: The Sales Operating System for Lead Buyers — Create a plan that optimizes your sales processes for online leads. Spend more time in conversations by creating sales automation for initial outreach, follow-up, and long-term lead nurturing.
You will come away from this workshop with a specific plan of action for your organization, marketing department, or sales team on how to generate and close more sales leads in an increasingly digital-only world.
- Bill Rice, Founder/CEO, Kaleidico
Workshop II: Prepping Your LeadGen Efforts for Regulatory & Compliance Changes
Join an interactive workshop breaking down the present and future state of compliance and legal risk facing the lead gen industry. The TCPA “Czar” Eric J. Troutman and loanDepot’s Puja Amin will be providing insights and guiding discussion around critical topics such as:
- The impact of the Fair Credit Reporting Act on credit triggers and credit-based decisioning;
- State licensing requirements for lead generators and marketers;
- The continuing risk posed by the TCPA and the latest legal developments around online disclosures;
- The rise of state-level privacy and TCPA enactments and the emerging regulatory patchwork (including the states to watch out for);
- Detecting and preventing lead fraud in your funnel (and the risk if you don’t);
- FTC and UDAAP risk and state and federal enforcement (plus CID response);
- Dark patterns and preventing consumer confusion and resulting regulatory complaints;
- The impact of increased Fair Lending enforcement on lead generators.
Industry Group Focus: Interactive Roundtable Discussions
Interactive Roundtable Discussions: Join like-minded industry peers at LeadsCon for an informal, open format group discussion during the Interactive Roundtable Discussions. This 90-minute session will enable participants to join insightful discussions grouped by vertical markets or by an industry challenge. Come prepared to share your own perspective and thoughts around the challenges and opportunities facing your market! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to connect with your peers for these informative, networking sessions.
Attendees can choose between two options for the discussions:
Moderator-led, Industry-based Discussion Tables: These discussions are led by a discussion moderator. Attendees can choose between four vertical market group discussions; including mortgage, insurance, home services, or healthcare. Once you enter Champagne 4, look for the tent cards to find the right industry discussion.
Open Table Discussions: These four birds-of-a-feather tables allow LeadsCon attendees to group together based on similar interests. These discussions will not have a moderator, so they are more organic in nature. Make your way to these tables for open format group discussions around the following topic areas; Developments in AI & Machine Learning, Sourcing the Right Paid Leads, Challenges in Regulatory & Compliance, Innovative LeadGen Strategies.
Tuesday | March 22
Welcome & Opening Remarks
- Ian R. McRae, Director, Content, LeadsCon
Tim Burke Pioneer Award Presentation
Opening Keynote: How to Attract Consumers & Supercharge the Marketing Experience
Ken Schmidt knows a thing or two about going full throttle with marketing performance. As a former executive with Harley-Davidson Motor Company, he played an active role in one of the most celebrated turnarounds in corporate history – and got paid to ride motorcycles. After leaving Harley-Davidson, Schmidt took an ownership position with a highly successful Chicago-based marketing firm, VSA Partners. In addition to Harley-Davidson, VSA serves a virtual who’s who of the world’s best-known brands. His latest book, “Make Some Noise: The Unconventional Road to Dominance,” teaches how to improve business and personal competitiveness and is shared from his, as always, extraordinarily unexpected point of view. We’re thrilled to bring Ken Schmidt to Las Vegas as this year’s opening keynote. Take a moment today to start planning your trip to LeadsCon to ensure to don’t miss critical insight from Ken and the 2022 speaking faculty.
- Ken Schmidt, Former Executive and Author of "Make Some Noise: The Unconventional Road to Dominance", Harley-Davidson Motor Co.
A defining feature of the last two years is that circumstances have forced companies and consumers to rely on digital technology like never before. Many have estimated that digitization and technological adoption has accelerated by 10 years due to the disruptions in the economy since 2020. Join some of the industry’s leading MarTech companies and advertisers as they discuss the ways in which new and evolving technologies can enhance customer experience and improve outcomes for consumers and businesses alike.
Exhibit Hall Open
Consumer Mortgage Shopping: Looking Back to Determine What Will Change in 2023
The mortgage industry has seen a ton of technology adoptions over the last decade of Digital Mortgage innovation. In recent times B2C consumer engagement on apps like Facebook, Tik-tok and more can be more valuable for consumer engagement. 2022 can be your best year in consumer direct! Come grab a seat for this session and jot down insider tips and tricks to improve conversion on lead gen with enriched consumer engagement.
AI & Machine Learning: What Tech is Really Making a Difference in LeadGen?
With the proliferation of new technologies, the barrier of entry around AI is lowering, which opens a lot of opportunities for marketers. In this session, you’ll learn how to leverage AI in marketing to action your acquisition campaigns, unlock new channels for testing, accelerate revenue, and increase customer lifetime value.
The Questions You Should Be Asking Your Dialer Manager to Boost Profits
As a leader of an outbound dialing operation, your bottom line is the number one thing on your mind…but what if you are not asking the right questions to improve your business. Let us help.
Convoso’s CEO, Nima Hakimi will sit down with call center experts to find out all the questions you should be asking to boost your profits, productivity, and take your operation to the next level.
Achieving Compliance in the Rapidly Evolving Higher Education Regulatory Landscape
The recent political shift is fueling renewed calls for consumer-centric regulations that govern how institutions market to and recruit traditional and non-traditional students. This session will explore the various challenges institutions face when deploying marketing and enrollment management efforts, and how to ensure these efforts are fully aligned with both regulatory mandate and institutional objectives. Specifically, this session will take a deep dive into compliance best practices and how to achieve complete alignment across all internally and externally managed marketing efforts.
Evolve the way you look at leads. As consumers demand unique experiences and control over their personal data, you need to reach them in a privacy-compliant way without sacrificing customer experience. Creating personalized messaging across channels, throughout the customer journey, continues to get more complex, but we’re here to simplify things.
It starts with building the most complete profile of the customer: where they are right now in their lives and the identifiers to reach them across a variety of channels.
Layer on top of that real-time behavioral data and predictive models to reach those most likely to convert the moment they are in-market for your product or service.
In this session, you will gain the insight you need to change the way you acquire and market to customers.
- Develop strategies to improve lead conversions and lifetime value.
- Learn how to find, reach, and target your best quality leads.
- Unlock the value of layering on real-time in-market intelligence at the individual level at scale.
Call originators and lead generators are experiencing a decline in call answer rates as consumers grow skeptical of calls that are increasingly tagged as robocalls or spam. How do organizations engage with their prospects when consumers don’t trust the communications?
Regulators and phone carriers have introduced solutions to protect consumers, but the unintended consequences have been SPAM tagging and/or blocking of legitimate calls.
Join Chris Clark, Contact Center Solutions Market Consultant with Neustar, a TransUnion Company, as he discusses innovative strategies and solutions that have proven to optimize outbound communications, including:
- Registering phone numbers across all major carriers from a single platform to prevent tagging and blocking
- Utilizing branded call display – a new solution that drives answer and conversion rates
- Understanding and incorporating consumers’ individual preferences to improve first call answer rates and reduce overall attempts
- Incorporating best practices for coordinated omnichannel contact attempts
- Chris Clark, Account Executive, TransUnion (Neustar, Inc)
Compliance and Omni-Channel Marketing Strategies for Growing Brands
Every touchpoint with your customer needs to be positive and ideally according to their preference. Using omni or multi-channel marketing brands now have the power to be profitable and permissible.
But how do you engage with leads across channels while maintaining compliance standards? What are the best methods to manage the customer’s experiences in and around highly regulated communication channels?
Join Arvell Craig, Director of Compliance Services from Contact Center Compliance and Bastian Cowsert, Performance Marketing Leader at American Standard Brands to dive deep into Compliance and Omni-Channel Marketing Strategies for Growing Brands.
In this presentation, attendees will walk away learning:
- Most efficient and lowest risk strategies to keep customers engaged and continually coming back
- The biggest compliance risks to avoid across each channel
- Ways to profitably maintain engagement and avoid regulatory scrutiny
An Inconvenient Truth About Auto/Home Insurance Monetization
Insurance is the most efficient and effective sector in the lead generation space. Even so, we aren’t optimizing the value when matching auto/home insurance shoppers with the right insurance providers. The key stakeholders – consumers, lead sellers and lead buyers – stand to gain with emerging data sources and technology that will optimize the experience (and monetization). A growing number of performance marketers are beginning to recognize that curating insurance providers based on a consumer’s preferences and the performance of individual carriers against those preferences is how we’ll deliver the best auto/home insurance CX. To learn more about how to capitalize on this movement, join our panel of experts who will discuss what to expect in 2022 and beyond.
The Home Services Landscape Reboot: What’s Changed and What to Expect in 2023 and Beyond
This session will provide you with an overview of how large manufacturers and installers have evolved throughout the pandemic and how these massive changes will impact the future of home services marketing and sales.
- What major changes have transpired in the past two years and affected large brands
- How those changes have affected business near- and long-term
- What we can expect going forward in 2023 and beyond
- How the home services consumer has changed and what we see as the next evolution of the customer journey
- Will e-sales overtake in-person sales?
Launch, Grow, & Scale: The Lifecycle Roadmap for Building a Successful Performance Marketing Business
The 10 Best Customer Behavior Triggers You’ve Never Heard Of
While you want people to engage with your marketing, science says that your customers and prospects are often on autopilot. They don’t “make” decisions, they default to automatic, reflexive, hardwired responses. Social scientists have documented 200+ of these decision defaults. While you’ve probably never heard of most, some impact when people click, who they believe, and what they buy.
Attending this session will enable you to discover how to use them as triggers – and significantly increase the likelihood people will do exactly what you want and gain a competitive advantage.
- Discover surprising ways to trigger hardwired human behaviors to get the digital behavior you want – automatically
- Find out which scientifically proven copy and design tactics make people open, read, click, and respond without thinking
- See lots of examples from different verticals and channels that demonstrate how you can easily add these tactics to your campaigns
- Nancy Harhut, Chief Creative Officer, HBT Marketing
Tapping Into Empathy To Drive LTV: How A Diverse Workforce Can Enhance ROI
No matter where you are in the customer journey, messaging can make the difference between strong LTV or a high unsubscribe rate. Messaging that is timely, relevant and reflects the mindset and values of your audience is essential. Learn why diversity in the workforce can greatly contribute to understanding, nurturing, converting and retaining your customers of today and tomorrow.
Mortgage Industry Focus: How Will the Shift in Originations Impact LeadGen?
In this session you will learn from a panel of experts on the changing landscape of mortgage lending and how smart mortgage lenders, lead providers, and data providers are positioning themselves to success in a dynamic market.
Wednesday | March 23
What We All Need to Know About LeadGen Compliance For the Next 12 Months
Want to grow your business in a tightly regulated market? Don't miss this session! If you poll any marketer as to what is keeping them up at night, you’re going to find that the answer is staying on top of ever-changing compliance initiatives and pending legislation. Regulators are continuing to evolve with the expansion of digital content and performance marketers will need to evolve their compliance processes in lockstep to avoid costly mistakes going forward. This must-attend panel session will explore:
- TCPA/CAN-SPAM compliance for self-generated leads and insuring indemnification for affiliate generated leads
- False Advertising Law Compliance, which stipulates that you cannot mislead consumers to collect info
- Data Security Law Compliance, which involves tracking the scope of consent, and what private info is collected and keeping it secure
- How to boost conversions by complying with TCPA/CTIA text messaging rules for opt-in and content
- Learn new rules for registering brands & campaigns and avoid carrier penalties
Exhibit Hall Open (Breakfast Bites Served Until 11 a.m.)
Identifying Best Practices for Growing Your Customer Base in the New Paradigm
- How the leadgen ecosystem has changed over the past few years
- What is the impact on your lead management practice?
- How can companies get the most out of first party data?
- Identifying digital tools that are making the biggest impact for performance marketers
- Tom Dempsey, SVP of Business Development, Rocket Mortgage
- Rich Smith, Chief Marketing Officer, PenFed Credit Union
- Catherine Swanson, Senior Manager, Partnerships, Credit Karma
- Ian McRae, Director, Content, LeadsCon
How to Source the Right Paid Leads For Your Organization
- Jason Lally, Vice President of Sales and Franchise Development, Solarjuice America
How is Lead Fraud Performed and How Does it Create TCPA Violations?
You are buying leads and using LeadID or Trusted form, so how is it possible to be breaking TCPA? Did you know that 1 in 4 leads is fraudulent and is helping you and your clients to create TCPA violations? Learn how fraudsters get around bot detection, data verification systems and setting you up for disaster. We will talk about the signs, the risks, and what to look out for in your quest to grow your company.
- Understanding How Fraudsters by-pass bot detection
- Learn how to identify the signs of fraud and what you can do
- Insights from key leaders in the performance marketing industry
Lunch in the Exhibit Hall
Lunch & Learn: Amplify Customer Acquisition With a New Perspective on Marketing Data
In most instances, a lack of data isn’t what marketers are struggling with. It’s how to bring that data together in a meaningful way to derive critical insights that can amplify prospecting and customer acquisition strategies. We can’t keep looking at the same data with the same lens and hope for new insights.
This is where tapping into person-level data and applying advanced modeling techniques can help marketers uncover insights that can help transform their marketing programs.
During this session we will explore:
- How to go beyond personas to leverage person-level data to build a better view of customer and prospect identities.
- How to unlock unique insights with enriched data and modeling
- A case study that demonstrates how taking a different look at customer data improves clarity on "best customer" definition and bolsters customer acquisition response rates.
By leveraging non-traditional marketing data and insights, organizations can improve quality of lead data, increase response rate and improve predictability of campaign performance.
- John McWilliams, Manager, Solution Consulting, LexisNexis Risk Solutions
Lunch & Learn: Accelerate Your Lead Acquisition with Accurate Data and Machine Learning
Today's performance marketing space faces unprecedented changes, especially around the decline of the cookie. In this session, you’ll learn how to apply data and modeling to supercharge your marketing and lead acquisition strategy to quickly adapt to these challenges:
- Ensure your customer and prospect data is actionable by cleaning and unifying your data as well as enhancing your records with third-party insights.
- Leverage both data and machine learning modeling to unearth meaningful customer intelligence.
- Apply data and machine learning modeling to acquire more qualified leads for your organization.
- To ensure peak performance, measure results and iterate based on your learnings.
- Mike Vincent, VP, Customer Success, Windfall
Reimagining the Call Experience by Establishing Your Brand’s Credibility
In a world where 79% of calls from unknown numbers go unanswered, establishing your brand’s credibility can seem like an impossible challenge. For a sales team following up with inbound leads on customers interested in their products or services, struggling to break through the noise of robocalls and unsolicited calls to get their calls answered, the impact to a company’s bottom line is undeniable. Join this session, featuring Justin Marks of Quantum Assurance as he shares how Quantum Assurance provides identity on their outbound calls, leading to an increase in answer rate by 17%, decrease in customer acquisition costs, and improvement in agent morale.
- Justin Marks, Vice President, Marketing, Quantum Assurance
Case Study: Is Email Performance Marketing The Right Choice?
Considering email performance marketing for your business? You won't want to miss this session. Join Robert Protass from Life Line Screening and Ninfa Cabello from Madrivo as they discuss the true impact of email performance marketing. In this session, we'll dive into:
- The process and pitfalls of starting email performance marketing for your brand.
- How performance email marketing differs from traditional email marketing methods and how that benefits your brand.
- How email performance marketing can impact your career.
- Taking a closer look at the impact of email performance marketing on Life Line Screening's revenue, including during the pandemic.
Examining the Real Value of Social Media For Marketers in 2022
Marketers have long had their hands on the levers of social media, and have biased leaders into a way of thinking about online social constructs that, according to research, actually stands in contrast to the way social networks generate value. This results in wasted resources and time for performance marketers: The data simply doesn't support the belief that social media marketers hold onto.
Leading in a Social World exposes both the shortcomings of the tactics-focused, channel-thinking social media marketing approach on which so many marketing professionals, leaders, organizations and brands rely, and the questionable data upon which many of their decisions are based. The better way is through building social capital—not with better marketing skills, but with stronger leadership acumen. Leading in a Social World shows you how, and in the process opens new avenues for leaders to hone their social capital skills in any setting—digital or in-person.
Manage better marketing: Whether you’re managing in-house teams or agencies, social media marketing can be a huge resource suck without substantive ROI. Learn why, and where those social media resources should go.
Shed biases: When it comes to building committed digital communities around a brand or cause, social media marketing data shows suspect results at best, brand-damaging results at worst.
Learn a better way: Learn why some brands are successfully motivating others within social networks (and how they're doing it).
Mind-shift to digital social: Socially distanced workforces and other remote communities are our reality. Embrace it with social capital skills, not technical capital skills.
- Aaron Templer, Author, "Leading in a Social World"
Becoming Accessible: Implementing Accessibility Compliance Without Sacrificing Website Performance
In this session, we’ll tackle how industry leaders are tackling the risk and requirements of accessibility. Learn how these industry leaders are achieving compliance for their own organizations. Gain insight into how using best practices can simplify the process for lead generation companies managing a large number of websites. And learn how becoming accessible can attract a new audience and boost brand reputation.
- Learn the one simple step you can take to reduce the risk of a lawsuit
- Understand how the California Consumer Privacy Act has increased the risk for accessibility lawsuits
- Incorporate accessibility into websites without sacrificing performance
- Preserve existing UX and SEO while making sites legally compliant
- Learn how compliance can tap into a new audience segment and give a boost to brand reputation
Unlocking the B2C Powers of LinkedIn To Find Your Ideal Customers
Optimizing your LinkedIn profile to increase SEO and conversions, mastering free LinkedIn filters to find target prospects for any industry, and using a combination of Linkedin messaging, video, and email to land your dream customers.
- Devin Johnson, CRO, Kennected